Individual Community Living Supports
An Individual Community Living Supports (ICLS) Staff is part of the team providing support and training to adults with developmental disabilities living in the community. The ICLS staff will provide the necessary guidance, assistance, training, observation, and reminding so that the individual is successful and is able to increase skills for living independently. The service is provided in a one-on-one or one to two ratios following specific goal areas.
Some of the things you will get to do are (but not limited to):
- Develop a supportive reliable relationship with the person to encourage growth and independence.
- Assist in planning an implementation of individual program goals that are designed to promote selfsufficiency and maximum independence.
- Assist in training and supporting persons toward improving their socialization skills promoting community inclusion.
- Assist in the training and support in housekeeping skills such as: Meal preparation, laundry, routine, seasonal, and heavy household care and maintenance.
- Assist in training and supporting the person in independent living skills (Money management, procuring medical care, including attendance at medical appointments, self-administering medication).
- Assist each person as necessary in activities of daily living, including encouragement in appropriate hygiene, healthy nutrition, grocery shopping and appropriate dress.
While we can teach you most things, we cannot teach you compassion, and so this is one essential requirement for this role. Our staff are dedicated, have a genuine interest in the people we serve, and above all, are naturally kind and warm-hearted.
Qualification include (but not limited to):
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Be able to read and implement IPOS
- Have a valid Michigan driver’s license with a good driving record
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to attend and pass all Network 180 trainings – required
Apply today…if you are someone who enjoys working with people and enjoy having a positive impact on individuals and the community, then this job is for you. We are looking for energetic, hardworking individuals open to a new challenge. Our clients can’t wait to meet you.