Direct Support Professional
Thresholds, a local non-profit organization, is dedicated to the care, skill teaching, and guidance of people who are challenged with developmental and physical disabilities. Our support for the community is dependent on the compassion of our Direct Care team.
We are now hiring staff for several group homes around the greater Grand Rapids area. Full-time, 2nd/3rd shift positions are now open! (Must be willing to work weekends.) Great Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, paid vacation, and sick time. The pay rate is $16.20/hour.
Direct Support Professionals provide direct support to adults who have intellectual and developmental disabilities in a small residential group home setting.
Some of the things you will get to do, include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with personal care and hygiene
- Assisting with medication administration
- Monitoring health and ensuring safety
- Attending to medical needs
- Providing transportation in an agency vehicle
- Supporting involvement in community and in-home activities.
- Other tasks include a full range of household duties such as meal preparation, housekeeping, laundry, etc
- Staff will follow Community Mental Health Plans of Service and OT/PT plans
No experience is necessary as you will be fully trained (with pay!) While we can teach you most things, we cannot teach you compassion, and so this is one essential requirement for this role. Our staff are dedicated, have a genuine interest in the people we serve, and above all, are naturally kind and warmhearted.
Qualifications include (but not limited to):
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Be able to read and implement IPOS
- Have a valid Michigan driver’s license with a good driving record
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to successfully pass a background check (fingerprinting), physical, drug screen, and TB test
- Lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to attend and pass all Network 180 trainings – required
Apply today…if you are someone who enjoys working with people and enjoy having a positive impact on individuals and the community, then this job is for you. We are looking for energetic, hardworking individuals open to a new challenge. Our clients can’t wait to meet you.