Adult Respite Aide
Thresholds, Inc., a local non-profit organization, is dedicated to the care, skill teaching, and guidance for people who are challenged with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities. Our support for the community is dependent on the compassion of our respite care staff. At Thresholds you are able to make a difference in the residents’ lives every day!
We are now hiring part time staff to provide support to individuals who live at home to provide respite to the families. Respite Aide Staff provide support to adults that have intellectual and developmental disabilities living with their families.
The range of support to the clients may include (but not limited to):
- Assisting with personal care and hygiene
- Assisting medication administration
- Monitoring health and ensuring safety
- Attending to medical needs
- Supporting involvement in community and in-home activities, teaching and training to increase independence
No experience is necessary as you will be fully trained, with pay. While we can teach you most things, we cannot teach you compassion, and so this is one essential requirement for this role. Our staff are dedicated, have a genuine interest in the people we serve, and above all, are naturally kind and warmhearted.
Qualifications include (but not limited to):
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Be able to read and implement IPOS
- Have a valid Michigan driver’s license with a good driving record
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to attend and pass all Network 180 trainings – required
Apply today…if you are someone who enjoys working with people and enjoy having a positive impact on individuals and the community, then this job is for you. We are looking for energetic, hardworking individuals open to a new challenge. Our clients can’t wait to meet you!